Opportunities Unlimited of Niagara’s case management services are provided by program specialists at three day program sites: Niagara Falls, Lockport and Wheatfield. The purpose of program specialists is to address the everyday needs of individuals attending the agency’s day services center or who are receiving services in a sheltered employment setting and do not have a Medicaid Service Coordinator (MSC).
Although some services are similar to that of an MSC, the program specialist’s responsibilities are specific to the day program. These include:
- Advocate on behalf of individual’s within their case load
- Coordinate and conduct treatment team meetings
- Work as a liaison between the day program, parents and residential staff
- Ensure programs are provided as indicated in the Individualized Service Plan (ISP) and are addressing the individual’s needs and desires
- Ensure participant satisfaction and quality of care