The agency depends on many funding sources to enhance services for people with disabilities. The Opportunities Unlimited of Niagara Foundation strives to develop additional resources that assist the agency’s programs and services for individuals with developments disabilities gain financial security.
Sources of income
- Contributions from individuals, corporations, service clubs, civic groups, etc.
- Special events and fundraising activities
- Direct mail appeals
- Matching gift programs
- Honor and memorial contributions
- Restricted donations and grants for program purposes
- Donations of property and stocks
- Wills, bequests and trusts
- Life insurance policies that name Opportunities Unlimited of Niagara as the beneficiary
Single or recurring gifts
Your contributions to the Opportunities Unlimited of Niagara Foundation are vital to the agency’s ability to provide life-changing programs and services to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Make an online gift
- Give by mail using our printable donation form
- Call (716) 297-6400, ext. 335 to make a gift using your credit card
You may also make your gift in memory or in honor of someone using any of these methods.
Establish a planned gift and become a member of the Opportunities Unlimited of Niagara Foundation’s Coterie Society. The Coterie Society was established in 2004 to recognize Opportunities Unlimited of Niagara family members, friends and community members whose planned generosity through their wills, estates and supplemental needs trusts benefits the Opportunities Unlimited of Niagara Foundation. Coterie Society members – our most generous and thoughtful leaders – are recognized periodically in special publications and events, which promote legacy giving for the Foundation.
From annuities to estate planning, you can create a legacy of hope that touches generations to come.
Other ways to give
Transfer a gift of securities
Donating stock is easy and may provide substantial tax benefits.
Match your gift
Double or triple the value of your gift. Check with your employer or your spouse’s employer to see if it has a matching gift program. Many companies match the charitable gifts of their employees or their employees’ spouses. Most of these programs match contributions dollar for dollar. Some even offer to double or triple the employee gift.
Send your completed matching gift form to:
Opportunities Unlimited of Niagara Foundation
1555 Fashion Outlet Blvd.
LPO Box 360
Niagara Falls, NY 14304-0360
Third-party fundraising activities
Your business and employees can host a fundraising activity and select Opportunities Unlimited of Niagara as its charity of choice. Some activities for fundraising include:
- Dress down days
- 50/50 raffles
- Bake sales
- Candy bar sales
- Sell your company’s logo items and designate a portion of the proceeds to Opportunities Unlimited of Niagara
- Hold a floral cart sale featuring items from Opportunities Unlimited of Niagara’s horticulture therapy program through the Niagara Floral Center and Greenhouse